Newsletter- April- Got 10 Minutes
We are a month into spring – Have you begun your
Spring Cleaning by the Clock
When time is limited – start with where you spend the most time – Kitchen, Bathrooms, Living Areas….
In 10 Minutes you can:
1) Pick up a dusting wand run it across surfaces.
2) Take a pillow case, place it over a fan blade, with a little pressure on the up side of the blade pull the pillow case toward you collecting the dust and debris. Then wipe the blades with a microfiber cloth.
3) Break out the furniture polish move quickly through all those frequent rooms polishing those surfaces.
4) Switch plates are overlooked. Use a microfiber cloth with grease cutting nontoxic cleaner.
5) Baseboards use that microfiber cloth with a few drops of dishwashing liquid and warm water.
6) Sweep the collected leaves and dust from the corners of the Patio/Porch (Outdoor living space).
7) With a disinfecting spray cleaner and a disposable cloth or paper towel clean the surface of tables, chairs and lounge cushions.
GOT 30 MINUTES
Tackle the Kitchen, Bathrooms and Bedroom Mattresses1) Kitchen
Start with the backspace, cabinet front and handles and other greasy build up areas. Place an oil, such as Avon Skin so Soft, on a microfiber cloth and buff until clean.
Clear off counter tops then clean with an all natural cleaner.
Denture tablets – drop three of them in the toilet bowl for 30 minutes. They will lift away stains and kill bacteria without damaging the porcelain.
Take those bath mats, shower curtains and place them in the washing machine.
Spray cleaner on all hard surfaces and let it sit (if you have another bath go spray that down and come back to the original)
Wash floors starting at the back corner of the room, working your way to the door. You could also opt for a stream cleaner for a chemical-free shine.
Remove bedding and sprinkle baking soda across the surface of the mattress. Allow to sit for 30 minutes and then vacuum and replace clean bedding. Note: many mattress used to be able to be ‘flipped” many mattresses today can be filled or rotated – remember to read the label about your mattress care.
GOT AN HOUR
If you have an hour – forget about cleaning over the weekend and enjoy several of the events going on throughout Austin:
(Seriously you can clean for an hour when it’s dark outside – more ideas on that subject, if anyone is interested, at a later date.)
EARTH DAY: April 27 at Huston – Tillotson Univeristy from noon to 7pm. See the link for more information: https://earthdayaustin.com
AUSTIN FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL: www.austinfoodandwinefestival.com
EEYORE’S Annual BIRTHDAY PARTY: Besides having loads of fun, remember thatEeyore’s Birthday serves as a fundraiser to benefit many local non-profits.www.eeyores .org
SOUTH AUSTIN BUISNESS ASSOCAITON (SABA): Collection Day; Bring your paint, household batteries, disposal collection and papers for free on-site shredding. Take home a new Succulent & Drought Tolerant plant from the sale by Articulture. Location: 3710 W. Slaughter Lane
When: Saturday April 27th 9am to Noon (or until trucks are full).
OTHER ACTIVITIES: see https:/www.austintexas.org
Wishing you only the best for a colorful SPRING!