Newsletter – January – 2017 Jump Start
Have you been looking around your house after it has been stripped of all the holiday decorations and feeling a bit of sadness? Are you hibernating due to the cold weather, slugging around in comfy clothes or suffering with cedar fever while watching countless movies?
As an alternative, get a jump start on 2017 by tackling some of your most unorganized items and spaces.
- Start by updating your address book. If you received, Christmas letters. review them and make note of important items or dates that were shared.
- Set up registrations or warranties on items received over the holiday.
- Gather paperwork to send to your CPA.
- Look in the refrigerator, if it is a terrifying scavenger hunt:
- Find a recipe that uses a majority of all those leftover
- Review expiration dates and toss out of date items
- If you are constantly reaching over items to get to the items you want – add a Lazy Susan that will make reaching items easier
- Check the utensil and ‘catch all’ drawers reorganizing or eliminating.
- In your bathroom, review medications and throw away those that have expired. Check with your pharmacy to find out if they have a drug take back program. If not, see the link below and read How to Recylce Unwanted & Expired Medications by Earth911.
- With all the indoor activities reorganize your book, CD or DVD collections.
- If your garage, or a part of it, has become a glorified storage closet consider eliminating these items:
- Stacks of old magazines, books, catalogs
- Old electronics
- Broken or duplicate tools
- Plastics planter trays
- Old paint
- Leftover DIY projects or any DIY project that has been a work in progress for years
- Old shoes and clothes
- Materials, signs, equipment from a past profession
- Furnishings/Décor/Decorations no longer used or wanted
A Nationwide Listings of recycling and donation resources is Officiency: http://www.officiency.com/recycling.html
The New Year lies ahead, with books to read, adventures to explore, groups to experience, contributions to make and projects to complete.
May you find fulfillment and joy in all you do, and all that you are – all year long!
Organization is the One Thing
that changes everything — K-Kan help!