Newsletter – May 2017 – Memorial Day – Summer Road Trip Tips
Your Key to creating Order out of Chaos
MEMORIAL DAY BLESSINGS –
In 1868 the two sides of the Civil War come together and a special day known to some as “Decoration Day,” was held to honor those who died “in defense of their country during the late rebellion.”
In 1915 a poem “In Flanders Fields” was written that referred to the fields of poppies that grew among the soldier’s graves.
In 1971 the last Monday in May was declared “Memorial Day”
If your schedule allows visit a cemetery or memorial service to
specifically honor those who have died in military service.
SUMMER BEGINS — ROAD TRIP KIT IDEAS
2) FLEXIBLE CONTAINERS – filled with sanitary wipes, a roll of paper towels (if you take a paper towel roll stuff plastic bags inside the cavity, they can be used for trash, animal cleanups, beach treasures, etc). Also pack storage bags, plastic utensils, paper plates, plastic glasses, and bendable cutting boards. Add in a Swiss army knife or a Leatherman type utensil. Then there are things like bug repellent, sun screen, hand wash or sterilizer. travel size toiletries, hygiene items, and personal medications.
3) CLOTHES – with young kids pack super-comfy clothes together in a duffle bag, Pack one small overnight bag with essentials. Pack swim suits, cover ups, towels, and flip-flops even if you don’t go to a beach most hotels/motels have wet areas. Remember to pack a jacket or cover-up for those cold natured persons.
4) SNACKS – water bottles, fruits, veggies, health bars, pretzels, etc
5) BLANKET or two – One could be soft/comfortable and the other a plastic type with a cloth backing. It could be used plastic side because it helps when there is wet grass or sand.
6) COOLER – small collapsible or pull versus carry type (if possible)